Wednesday, April 29, 2009

MAD Issue # 500

I haven't written about magazines before on this blog, but this is pretty big. I finished reading the 500th issue of MAD magazine. This magazine is soooo funny. The cartoons, the articles, the spoofs, the satire, the jokes. It's all really great. We've had the subscription for a few months, and I love it. Anyone else who appreciates MAD has a pretty good sense of humor in my book.

The 500th issue seemed a bit longer than the other issues we got, so that was a lot of fun. There were all these MAD  factoids in the page margins,  500 of their best marginal cartoons (that was fun because they're all lined up in a grid and you have to look at each one real close to get the joke from them), pictures from past issues, a great strip about Dead Celebrity Apprentice, a Spy vs Spy vs a woman Spy, and so much more. Those who don't read MAD probably have no idea what I'm talking about, so you guys ought to get a subscription right away. It might be pretty dumb to most people, but it's really funny to me, and that's the important thing.

No comments: