Saturday, July 18, 2009

Flight # 6

It's really been too long since I posted about a book. Especially since I'm home and nothing is really distracting me. Well, truth is I'm reading a bunch of books at the same time, but I don't have my heart in finishing them. This Deepak Chopra book (you ever hear of this guy? He's Indian and he's a big spritual teacher, I don't know), and that classic Huckleberry Finn. I don't know, Huck's adventures are much too episodic for my taste. You know the kind? Like, too many pointless adventures and not enough driving plot. I guess a lot of books in those days went like that. That's why I don't really like reading classics, but I look forward to when I find the next Jane Eyre style classic.

But let me get back to the book I'm supposed to be reviewing. I went to Borders yesterday (finally! ^_^) and I was trying to "hunt" for The Hunt for Dark Infinity (ha ha. Play on words). Buuuuut I couldn't find it in the end. ~,~ The first 13th Reality was on the shelf, but not the second. I was disappointed. I really wanted to get more ahead in that particular story. It's sooo good!

So I had to find some other books to pass the time with. I found Fablehaven 2, (which I once started on a library shelf) and I enjoyed reading a couple chapters of it. Brandon Mull's writing style is pretty cool. For some reason, I think it reminds me of my own. Hmm. Well, when I got to Chapter 5 I decided to give Fablehaven a break for another time, and I looked for the graphic novel section to see if I could spot any attractive covers. And I found this! The 6th (last?) edition to the awesomely random Flight series. I can hardly believe that I started reading this series just this year...

Well, I read the entire thing in one sitting, and I loved it! The cartoons were all funny, as always. I really wonder how those comics writers do it, weaving the story and pictures so seamlessly together. My favorite cartoon was the first one, about the fox. Strange that it came in every book after it's debut. I guess because it always said, to be continued..., so they did. Well, at the end of this cartoon, there was no to be continued..., so I guess it really was the end. Maybe that means it's the end of the Flight books too. I hope it's not. But I'm going to assume it is. Since this book came out this year, we'll probably have to wait a long time for the hypothetical Flight #7 anyway. So 6 might as well be the last.

This series is awesome. I read this in just one sitting. All the previous books are just like this. I highly recommend Flight for those who haven't tried it. Since they're all cool pictures and comics, they won't take too much of your time. ^,^

No comments: