Friday, October 1, 2010

Short Stories

I am still very much enthralled with short stories. Here are 3 collections that that I've read during my 2 week absence.

"Oddest of All" I read first. Bruce Coville is quite a gifted short story author, I think. I love his characters and his worlds.

"Button Button, Uncanny Stories", by Richard Matheson, was quite interesting. I read this because the story "Button Button" was turned into the movie "The Box", with Cameron Diaz, which was an amazing story! All the other stories were equally interesting. Maybe a little bit disturbing, in a couple of cases...

I actually haven't finished reading "Xanadu" yet, but it is a good book so far. Jane Yolen, someone Bruce Coville has mentioned a few times in his author notes, edits this collection of short stories and poems written by a whole slew of authors I've never heard of. Basically anything goes in these stories. It can be fantasy or Sci-fi or anything. I'm enjoying it so far. I also have Xanadu 2 and Xanadu 3. When I'm done with all 3 of them, I'll let you know.

Now for my review of "Nightlight". (You'll love this. ^_^)

No comments: