Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Twilight: The Graphic Novel, by Young Kim

I went to the library today and I happened to find this in the graphic novel section. How can one possibly resist? ^_^ I read the entire thing in one sitting. In one word, it's... incredible. I know the story pretty much inside and out, having read the book and seen the movie a couple times, but reading the graphic novel seemed to give me a whole different experience. I liked it. I really, really liked it.

The artwork is fantastic. The characters are drawn very well, a mix between what they look like in the movie and how I imagine them when I read about them, and the background was very realistic, almost like a photograph sometimes. The style just really appealed to me, and that's good, because when I pick up a graphic novel, if I don't like the way the art looks and the story doesn't hold my interest, I won't read it. But this was amazing.

Really, this book almost made me feel the same things as I did when I read Twilight itself. I was pretty disappointed when I found out it ended smack in the middle. I hope the next volume comes out soon...

Also while I was at the library, I picked up a very special book that I'd reserved not too long ago. Moonwalk, by Michael Jackson himself! I can't wait to read this and share my thoughts about it with everyone! ^_^ This will undoubtedly be a review you won't want to miss.

This is the super-awesome drawing that Michael actually drew at the front of his book. His self-portrait. ^_^ What an artist!

No comments: